We just presented the lab at the thesis market last Friday, check the slides with some of the next thesis ideas:
Here are a few of the ideas from the slides, if you can’t see the pdf:
- Create a computational model of the uncanny valley effect using machine learning
- Investigate the application of geometric deep learning to encode the interaction between electrodes in EEG recording
- Create computational models of player experience.
- Can we detect and qualify different players’ emotions and cognitive states while they are playing?
- Can we adapt the gameplay? Can we generate new content driven by the experience? (generative AI in games)
- Investigate how to integrate non-verbal cues into conversation with a conversational AI (e.g. chatGPT)
- How can a virtual agent understand user emotions? Can non-verbal cues used to improve the interaction with virtual characters?
- Test theories of neuroscience & cognitive psychology for information processing
- Multiple timescales in perception & action
- Hierarchical & statistical learning